The following actions and requirements have been put in place to prevent the introduction and spread of COVID-19 within the school, and to ensure the safety of students and school staff while in the premises.
COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
• If a student/teacher/staff begins to show symptoms of COVID-19 while at school, they must get isolated instantly and they will be referred to the hospital to take the necessary action. The patient should not return to school until the PCR result is obtained.
• If the result is negative and there is a clinical assessment of a probable COVID-19 case, the patient should complete a 14-day quarantine. If the result is negative and there is no clinical assessment for a probable case, the student/teacher/staff can resume schooling so long as they are symptom-free.
• If the result is positive, the traced contacts of the patient, including teachers along with the classmates of a student, or colleagues are all considered close contacts (Anyone who spent more than 15 minutes in a proximity of 2 meters with the positive case, from the day of symptoms onset, or the day of the positive PCR test). They should all commence the 14-day quarantine counted PCR from the day of the positive test, or from the day of the onset of symptoms if ascertained by the clinician.
• Teachers will remove from class ANY student showing flu symptoms and the student will not be able to return to class until he/she provides a negative COVID-19 test result.
Classes and Lessons
If a student or teacher tests positive of COVID-19, everyone in the classroom must commence a 14-day quarantine period, counted from the last day the group was in contact with the individual who tested positive.
How will this affect my lessons?
• Students are expected to continue with their lessons live online through the student portal for the entire quarantine period.
• Students who develop symptoms and become sick with the virus can pause their courses until fully recovered.
• Quarantined students unaffected by the virus are expected to continue with their studies online as normal, and classes will not be put on hold.
• Students wishing to take a holiday break during this period must refer to the terms and conditions of the school https://esdubai.com/terms-and-conditions/
• Cancellations due to Covid-19 quarantine are NOT permitted
The school has a schedule of daily cleaning and disinfection of classes and common areas. All facilities and frequently touched surfaces are cleaned throughout the day.
To ensure the best possible hygiene standards, students must:
• Practice hand hygiene at all times
• Wear appropriate face masks during class as well as in breaks (except when eating or drinking)
• Keep physical distancing of at least 1.5 meters with other students
• Do not bring food or drinks to share with fellow classmates / students as the school
At the Residence
If a student tests positive of Covid-19, and the DHA permits the person to remain in the residence under self- quarantine, the student will be placed in one of the quarantine flats until they can provide a negative result. Once the results are negative, students will be allowed to return to their respective apartment and room.
During quarantine, the residence staff will assist in delivering the food and other required items to the students’ rooms directly and they would be encouraged to call reception if they need any assistance.
Finally remember that we ARE ALL RESPONSIBLE, so if you have ANY flu symptoms please stay at home and notify us immediately.